Friday, June 01, 2007

Bitchfest 2

Now usually I'm a very upbeat happy go lucky individual. But not these past few days. I think I've narrowed it down to two things, maybe three. 1) I miss my friend Leanne. I miss seeing her at work everyday. I miss how she made my life very easy by her organizational skills. I miss her helping me so I can get all my work done in one day. She's gone and I should get over it. 2) Grace is leaving too. She is getting married and moving to California. All this creates havoc in our office as we transition to new employees. You don't know what to expect and frankly, work is getting to be work and not any fun anymore. 3) My cheapskate boss is dragging his feet and has not put an ad in the paper advertizing Grace's job. He keeps saying he is going to go the hygiene school but I can't figure out why he wants to go to the hygiene school. It's not like day labor where they are hanging out outside the school ready to be picked up by truck and taken to a dental office. They are all students ansd will not be licensed till August. I talked to him last week and frankly he acts like he doesn't have a care in the world. All the while, I am losing sleep over all that is unsettled. My state of depression is suffocating me.

I just want to be left alone. I don't want to talk to anyone (including Mr. wonderful) I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to go to the gym. I don't want to go shopping. I don't even want to eat.

Help me!!!!!

I know things will get better. But when??

Oh there's more. My boss in all his infinite wisdom has decided his 15 year old daughter who knows nothing about dentistry except that she has teeth will be working with us this summer and I have to teach her my job! This job I've been doing for 32 years just seems to be so easy for my boss. I told him that I will show her a few things but will not show her everything. I'm so far behind "showing other new people stuff I don't have any time to do my job. And get this. He's paying her 15.00 per hour!!! How unrealistic is that! I very mad about that. Boy is she going to get a rude awakening in the real world when she ventures out past the daddy umbrella of life.

6 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Merlicious said...

THAT IS INFURIATING!!! WHAT A DUMBASS. HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR SKILL AND TALENTS MOM.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I say quit, retire early, live a quiet life with dad, move to MO. Be happy.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such is life. I'm feeling better. Will go to work on Monday and teach Laurel my job. He will soon see that it is not working out. He's not that stupid. I will have to show her the same thing on Tues and wed and thurs. It's not that easy to figure out. It's like learning a foreign language or a computer program in the course of a summer and starting all over again next summer. MOM

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I still say retire, spoil your grandchild all the live long day.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Merlicious said...

O Betty, life is not all that simple. When things get hard, you can't just quit them every time. You have to weigh the options and make the best decision for yourself and everyone else who is going to be affected by this decision. You should know that.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

But mom could retire...they have a big empty house (as empty as it can get, they have a lot of stuff), nothing holding them down...go to Paris, Rome, Prague, who cares...bring me back something special;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home