Wednesday, December 20, 2006

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

Sleigh bells ring are you listening. It's snowing buckets here in the middle of the U.S. Of course I'm in panic mode as I need to gather all my chicks in one basket. Bettylou safely made it to work. I started calling her about 6:15 this morning, and again at 6:30, 7:15, 7:30. She finally called me at 7:45. She was almost to work. I told her today was going to be a mess and she should go home. And do you know what she said to me? She said.."Who's going to answer the phones if I'm not there?" She's as responsible as I am. I tried to leave the house at 5:45 this morning. I went out to warm the car and when I came back in, the phone rang. The boss said to stay home and call the others. YIPPPEEE!!!! A snow day. Mr. Wonderful went to work. Again another responsible person. I called the LLS. She was at work. I told about the weather conditions. She said living in CA was looking better and better. She comes home on Sunday. The weather man has promised a better day by then. I haven't called the baby as she is I'm sure still asleep. She won't go anywhere anyway. She doesn't get home till Saturday.

The snow is beautiful to look at and I will be going out in it soon. I have to sweep off the top of the hot tub. (a huge priority) I do not like to drive in it. I think tomorrow will be a snow day too. We should have 20 inches by noon tomorrow. Tomorrow was suppose to be our Christmas party at work. Maybe we'll do it on Friday. This just means our vacation has started early. I don't have to back to work till Jan 2nd.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO MY 3 FANS. I LOVE YOU ALL. MOM

7 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joy of living on the Left Coast. No snow. No real seasons either, but then again, that means no really terrible weather. I also got my work ethic from working in proximity to you for 2 years. If I weren't here to man the post while everyone is away on vacation, what would happen? Only bad things, I'm sure.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's just that nothing will get done if I'm not there. It's not just the phones, that makes me sound so insignificant.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please Betty, if we weren't there, everyone would collapse to the floor writhing in agony because the fabulous ladies who run their lives aren't there to run them. Or, they'd be running into walls with no real direction and their appointments (or patients) would be lining up in front of my window crying because no one is there to show them where to go or listen to their stories. This is why I love my job: I am very necessary and appreciated.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger MOM said...

You missed the point Bettylou. It's not that you answer phones. I wasn't even focusing on that. You were politely saying to me to mind my own business. I am a grown up now with responsibilities and mom can't tell me to go home when people are counting on me. That's responsibiliy. See you soon. mom

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's what I meant.

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother, it's a mother of time waiting for you to come back to your blog. Fans are waiting....

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having technical difficulties getting back on track. Bettylou will be helping me next week. I know my fans are waiting and I can't wait either. So sit tight, more to follow. MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home