Thursday, December 14, 2006

THE MOTHER WHISPERER

Ok, so I'm really enjoying the new 52 inch TV we got. I started watching the dog whisperer. I tape every episode and fast forward through all the boring stuff. Cesar basically uses the same techniques to train all the misbehaved dogs of the world. Those that do not conform are sent to doggy boot camp. They get sniffed by 35 other dogs and are too scared to do anything wrong.

I raise my girls all wrong. I should have only given them affection when their ears were back and they were in a calm and submissive state. I should have taken them for 45 minute runs to tire them out. But instead, I took them to the library and the zoo. How foolish I must have been to think they would do what I wanted them to do when they grew up. I should have made them wait by the door until I went through the door first. I was definitely not the leader of the pack.

I fed the girls 3 times a day. That's another big mistake. Only once a day should have been enough. It would have saved me a bundle on food. But instead, we ate out and had good conversations. Lots of times we ate at home at 5 o' clock every night. We would talk about our day and fight. But at the end of the day or on Christmas Eve, my puppies would all sleep together in the same room waiting for morning.

Now that my girls (puppies) are grown, we don't get together as often as this pack leader would like but when we do, Bettylou still likes for me to play with her hair and put it behind her ears. The LLD is always in the mood for a good cuddle and pat. She even squeals with contentment. The little one is the hardest to get close to. I know she loves me even though it's hard to pet her. She bites and runs away but I always chase her. I'll never stop chasing her. You never stop loving your children (puppies) for as long as you live because as we know...No matter what kind of crap life deals to you, when you come home your puppies are always very excited to see you. Even if you push them away they will always come back to you for more attention. Isn't that what everyone really wants??? Recognition and attention, good food, a warm bed and lots of petting!

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(LLD) Indeed. This is why I will be modeling my parenting style after the way I was raised. Pretty damn near perfect (the submissive ear pinned back thing notwithstanding.)

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do still like the ear thing, It's very calming. When I can find a man to do that instinctually, I will marry him.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you find the right man I will show him the ear thing. MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home